About Sprogcenter Skive
Like all language centres in Denmark, Sprogcenter Skive is subject to the National Curriculum for courses, tests and examinations in Danish as a Second Language.
Sprogcenter Skive has around 200 students from over 30 different countries.
In order to learn Danish at the Sprogcenter Skive you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- live in Denmark (Skive Kommune)
- have a Danish identification number (CPR)
Refundable course deposit
With a Danish CPR number you can learn Danish at the Sprogcenter Skive. Students enrolling in Danish courses will be charged a refundable deposit of DKK 2.000. You cannot attend a Danish course until the refundable deposit is paid. You will be contacted regarding payment shortly after you have signed up. If you wish to have your deposit refunded you must contact the school in writing.
Information about the Danish education voucher system - klippekort
Within the first 5 years you live in Danmark you are entitled til 3½ years of Danish lessons. All self-supporting students starting a new module will be assigned a voucher. It is always the language school, who decides, when a student is ready for a module test and automatically continues on the next module.
Who needs a voucher to study Danish?
- foreigners who are in Denmark to study or work
- accompaninng spouces
- foreigners following family reunification with a Danish citizen pursuant to EU regulations
- au pair persons
What is a voucher for Danish education?
The voucher holds up up 6 units each corresponding to one module of each Danish education. Each voucher consists of a max. number of months of education plus module test.
When does the voucher system start?
- If you have just arrived i Denmark, Skive Kommune will send you a letter with information about your right to Danish education. Immediately after that the period of Danish education begins.
- The voucher is normally activated from the date you are offered Danish classes.
- Important: You must contact the language school to notify whether you want to accept the offer of Danish courses right away or you want to postpone.
- If you do not contact the language school within a month, the voucher will automatically be activated.
How does the voucher system work?
• When you start your first module, you simultaneously activate a voucher, whether or not you come to class.
- Once you have activated the voucher, you can not stop it again.
- After you have passed a module test, the voucher runs out and the next voucher is automatically activated. You can not transfer time from one voucher to the next.
- If you do not pass your module test during the time frame of the voucher, then you activate the next voucher. This means that you might lack a voucher at the end of your Danish education.
- The language school administrates your vouchers. You can always ask the office or the teachers how many vouchers you have left.
Is it possible to take a break?
- If you wish to take a break between two modules you need to inform the language school before the module test.
- If you choose to take a break in the middle of a module, the voucher remains activated and you can not stop it.
Can the voucher be prolonged?
- The voucher can not be prolonged due to illness or if you are abscent from a module test.
- Skive Kommune is obliged to prolonge the voucher if you are seriously ill.
The education programme is divided into three levels. All the three Danish courses are divided into modules. Each module ends with a test and each course concludes with a government-certified examination. Your school background determines which Danish course is right for you.
Danish course 1
Danish course 1 is primarily for students with no or little educational background. The course concludes with the Danish 1 Examination.
Danish course 2
Danish course 2 is primarily for students with a short educational background, who have attended school for 8-10 years. The course concludes with the Danish 2 Examiniation.
Danish course 3
Danish course 3 is for students with more than 12 years of educational background. The course concludes with the Danish 3 Examination.
The Higher Education Examination (Studieprøven)
"Studieprøven" is for students having passed the Danish 3 course with exellence. This exam is required for admission to most universities in Denmark. Alas, Sprogcenter Skive does not offer Studieprøve.
Find the right time for your classes
The Sprogcenter Skive has daytime and evening courses at all levels:
Day courses are 12 -15 lessons per week - 3 days a week.
Your educational background determins which courses of the week is sutiable for the individual student.
Evening courses are:
- Class twice a week - from 6 pm. - 8.30 pm. Mondays/Wednesdays
Tests and calender for tests
- Test in Dansk 3 on 18th of May 2021
- Test in Dansk 2 on 19th of May 2021
- Test in Dansk 1 on 20th of May 2021
Oral tests from 14th of June to 25th of June 2021
Deadline for registration on 8th of March 2021
- Medborgerskabsprøven og indfødsretsprøven af 2015 on 2nd of June 2021.
Deadline for registration on 28th of April
- Test in Dansk 3 on 9th of November 2021
- Test in Dansk 2 on 10th of November 2021
- Test in Dansk 1 on 11th of November 2021
Oral tests from 6th of December to 17th of December 2021
Deadline for registration on 30th of August 2021
- Medborgerskabsprøven og indfødsretsprøven af 2015 on 24th of November 2021.
Deadline for registration on 20th of October