In order to learn Danish at the Sprogcenter Skive you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- live in Denmark (Skive Kommune)
- have a Danish identification number (CPR)
Refundable course deposit
With a Danish CPR number you can learn Danish at the Sprogcenter Skive. Students enrolling in Danish courses will be charged a refundable deposit of DKK 2.000. You cannot attend a Danish course until the refundable deposit is paid. You will be contacted regarding payment shortly after you have signed up. If you wish to have your deposit refunded you must contact the school in writing.
Information about the Danish education voucher system - klippekort
Within the first 5 years you live in Danmark you are entitled til 3½ years of Danish lessons. All self-supporting students starting a new module will be assigned a voucher. It is always the language school, who decides, when a student is ready for a module test and automatically continues on the next module.
Who needs a voucher to study Danish?
- foreigners who are in Denmark to study or work
- accompaninng spouces
- foreigners following family reunification with a Danish citizen pursuant to EU regulations
- au pair persons
What is a voucher for Danish education?
The voucher holds up up 6 units each corresponding to one module of each Danish education. Each voucher consists of a max. number of months of education plus module test.
When does the voucher system start?
- If you have just arrived i Denmark, Skive Kommune will send you a letter with information about your right to Danish education. Immediately after that the period of Danish education begins.
- The voucher is normally activated from the date you are offered Danish classes.
- Important: You must contact the language school to notify whether you want to accept the offer of Danish courses right away or you want to postpone.
- If you do not contact the language school within a month, the voucher will automatically be activated.
How does the voucher system work?
• When you start your first module, you simultaneously activate a voucher, whether or not you come to class.
- Once you have activated the voucher, you can not stop it again.
- After you have passed a module test, the voucher runs out and the next voucher is automatically activated. You can not transfer time from one voucher to the next.
- If you do not pass your module test during the time frame of the voucher, then you activate the next voucher. This means that you might lack a voucher at the end of your Danish education.
- The language school administrates your vouchers. You can always ask the office or the teachers how many vouchers you have left.
Is it possible to take a break?
- If you wish to take a break between two modules you need to inform the language school before the module test.
- If you choose to take a break in the middle of a module, the voucher remains activated and you can not stop it.
Can the voucher be prolonged?
- The voucher can not be prolonged due to illness or if you are abscent from a module test.
- Skive Kommune is obliged to prolonge the voucher if you are seriously ill.